Reference Number: 725-22
Position: Community Support Worker
Program: Community Inclusion Program
TDCSS fosters an environment of continuous learning and a work culture of professional development. All employees of TDCSS are expected to participate in ongoing professional growth and development activities.
Assists clients with their physical, economic, vocational, recreational, social, emotional and daily life skills development. Assists clients to achieve the greatest degree of independence and quality of life possible.
- Participates in assessment, goal setting and program planning such as Personal Service Plans for individuals. Documents and implements the plan. Provides input into the evaluation of the program.
- Evaluates client needs and develops short term plans to meet such needs with the active participation of clients and their families.
- Assists clients to function more independently in their own homes and in the community. Assists clients with daily life skills, social skills and/or behaviour management. Teaches and assists clients with activities such as grooming, basic cooking, money management, shopping, household safety, pet care. Facilitates physical, recreational, educational, social and vocational activities.
- Recognizes, analyzes and deals with potential emergency situations such as clients’ aggressive behaviour to minimize potential harm to the clients and/or the public. Reports problems to the supervisor.
- Administers medication to clients in accordance with established policy.
- Ensures health and safety standards are maintained.
- Reviews and evaluates clients’ progress and makes adjustments to programs as required. Provides feedback and support to clients and/or their families.
- Accompanies and/or transports clients to activities such as appointments, shopping or leisure activities.
- Provides written and/or verbal reports regarding clients’ daily activities and progress. Ensures that all required documentation is complete and accurate.
- Identifies social, economic, recreational, physical, vocational and educational services in the community that will meet clients’ needs. Maintains liaison with other agencies, professionals, government officials and the community.
- Performs other related duties as required.
This position is open to applicants of all genders
Hours 21 hours per week Part-TIME WEEKLY
Shifts Days & Evenings, including some WEEKENDS. Changes to the posted work schedule may occur based on operational requirements. Must be willing to be flexible.
Start Date ASAP
End Date n/a – Permanent
Required: Diploma in a related human/social service field.
~A relevant diploma or certificate with experience providing service to people who have a developmental disability
~Mandt or Crisis Prevention Training
~TDCSS Training modules
~Other relevant training/workshop
One (1) year recent related experience. Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
~Experience in working with people with challenging behaviors
~Experience in working with people who have a dual-diagnosis
~Experience working with people to facilitate change and independence
~One (1) year recent related experience
~Proven ability to work as part of a team
~Proven problem-solving ability
~Ability to liaise with outside agencies
~Physical fitness level that meets the needs of the individuals
~Able to follow programs as set out by program supervisor
~Ability to adapt to meet the clients’ emotional and developmental changes
~Time management and organizational skills
~Ability to perform housekeeping duties such as mopping, dusting, emptying garbage, cleaning and laundry.
~Demonstrated competency in written & verbal communication
~Provide for medical and personal needs of persons served in a respectful, proactive manner as directed by the Supervisor and/or the persons’ served service plan
~TB skin clearance test
~Signed Declaration of Fitness
~Compliance with health immunization requirements
~MCFD Hub screening
~Proven ability to complete computerized case management documentation
~Access to a personal vehicle with Business Insurance with the ability to transport persons served
~Class 4 (restricted) BC Driver’s Licence (must be able to obtain within probationary period) − Acceptable driver’s abstract
An equivalent of education and/or experience will be considered for this job. Job Descriptions are available upon request from the TDCSS Human Resources Office.
Pay and Benefits will be in accordance with TDCSS and BCGEU Local 312 Collective Agreement. This position requires union membership.
TDCSS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, however only successful applicants will be contacted.
Please apply for each posting that you are interested separately, even if you have previously applied with TDCSS.
- Dental care
- Vision care
- Extended health care
- Disability insurance
- Company pension
- Vacation & paid time off
- Subsidised gym membership
- Employee assistance programs
- On-site parking
PPE available on site
|Job Category||Full Time|