Position: Associate Director Residential Services (12 month temp)
TDCSS fosters an environment of continuous learning and a work culture of professional development. All employees of TDCSS are expected to participate in ongoing professional growth and development activities.
The Associate Director is responsible to ensure organizational effectiveness by providing leadership for the programs financial and operations functions. Working with the leadership team, the position also contributes to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies and practices.
The Associate Director is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of their program areas in such a manner as to ensure that the organization achieves its strategic objectives through the quality and efficiency of the operations of the programs assigned to the Associate Director.
The Associate Director will meet their responsibilities through the processes of: Program Management, Program Development, Contract Management, Financial Management, Project Management, and Quality Assurance.
- The Associate Director is responsible to ensure organizational effectiveness by providing leadership for the organizations financial and operations functions. Working with the leadership team, the position also contributes to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies and practices.
- The Associate Director oversees the day-to-day operation of the program by ensuring that the necessary facilities and resources are in place, program guidelines and policies are adhered to, and program standards and licensing requirements are met.
- The Associate Director directs management activities, Departmental initiatives, and is instrumental in transforming administrative activities from processes to strategically focused business lines that support the Department’s mission.
- Administrative operations include: program planning and evaluation, procurement, contracts management, budget formulation and execution, human capital, strategic human resources management, space and logistics, travel and risk management.
- The Associate Director will complete all other duties as required.
- The Associate Director works within the leadership team to set the organization’s strategic goals. They then translate these into specific operational objectives, some of which come under the Associate Directors accountability envelope for development and implementation.
- The Associate Director will fully understand the contracts which set out program deliverables and funding associated with the Associate Directors areas of responsibility.
- The Associate Director will participate in program contract development and management activities, and enforce organizational principles of integrity and compliance.
- The Associate Director review the organization’s budget for compliance with contract and legal requirements.
- The Associate Director will analyze financial information (e.g. revenues, expenditures and cash management) to ensure all operations are within budget.
- The Associate Director will identify variances between actual and budgeted financial results at the end of each reporting period and be prepared and able to extrapolate on the reasons for variances, and how they are being managed.
- The Associate Director will suggest spending improvements that increase fiscal responsibility and reduce financial expenditures.
- The Associate Director will work on special projects as required.
- The Associate Director will lead the planning and implementation of projects using a project management framework.
- The Associate Director must make sure that all activities within their area of responsibility are monitored, and key performance indicators reported on a regular basis so they can be sure that the objectives will be achieved. If the indications are that things are not going well, they must intervene and decide on actions that will bring everything back on track.
- The Associate Director will ensure the Health and safety of the workforce.
Application of the Collective Agreement
- The Associate Director ensure all program processes and employee engagement activities are compliant with the collective agreement.
- The Associate Director will keep current with the trends and developments within the Associate Director’s program areas and general management practices.
- The Associate Director will enhance their skills and abilities through continued professional development.
Please click on the attached link to see the full list of job responsibilities.
Hours 35 hrs. FULL-TIME
Salary: $68,000 – 70,000 per year
Shifts DAYS, EVENINGS and WEEKENDS
Must be willing to work a flexible schedule
- Degree in a related human/social service field
- One (1) recent related experience
Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Proven problem-solving ability
- Ability to liaise with outside agencies
- Ability to follow strategic directions as set out by the Director of HR and Operations and/or the Executive Director
- Time management and organizational skills
- Experience working with the Community Living BC
- Demonstrated competency in written & verbal communication
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Vehicle with business insurance and the ability to provide transportation to people in the back seat
- Proficiency in computer use
- Project Management experience
An equivalent of education and/or experience will be considered for this job. Full Job Descriptions are available upon request from the TDCSS HR Department.
This position is a non-union excluded management position.
TDCSS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, however only successful applicants will be contacted.
This position is gender inclusive.