Position: Homelessness Outreach Program Worker (One year temporary position)
Job Summary The Homeless Outreach Program (HOP) connects people who are homeless or At Risk of Homelessness with housing and/or support services. Outreach services provided by the HOP Worker in Terrace, directly engages with people who are homeless or At Risk of Homelessness by assessing people’s needs, assisting with personal goals, and connecting individuals and families with stable accommodations and appropriate support services. The Homeless Outreach Program is guided by four primary principles:
- Program services are accessible and Client focused.
- Operations are transparent and accountable.
- The service environment is safe, secure and welcoming.
- The sector is collaborative to improve service effectiveness.
Generally Responsible to:
- Protect company assets.
- Present a positive image of the Organization in the community. This includes but is not limited to abiding by TDCSS’s Policy and Procedures including the Code of Conduct and the Code of Ethics, the TDCSS Chevron Place program specific policies and procedures, and the Cedars specific policies and procedures.
- Reports accidents and injuries through the approved channels (Associate Director, Human Resources, Sharevision).
- Read, understand and follows all TDCSS policies and procedures.
- Conduct self in a professional manner at all times.
- Drive personal vehicle for employment purposes, including: attending meetings, picking up program resources.
- Monitor and coordinate all program development efforts in assigned area of accountability.
- Analyze opportunities and makes recommendations on potential program strategies.
- Provides input into program development budgets and justifications. Monitors and reports on status of budgets.
- Identify potential community and provincial partnerships as related to specific program development proposals in order to enhance existing programs.
- Document, report and maintain records of contacts, services delivered and outcomes achieved (including best practices) as required by legislation, the HOP contract, and as specified by TDCSS policy and funding agreements.
- Any other duties as required.
Program Specific Job Duties
- Directly engage clients where they are situated:
- Engaging visibly homeless people living in public places; and
- Engaging hidden homeless and those At Risk of Homelessness
- Complete intake, consent forms, and provide assessments of each person served.
- Develop a Case Plan for all persons served
- Support Terrace homeless populations with skill development that includes but is not limited to: life skill development, employment support, access or referral to mental health and/or addictions support, social skills development, and technology awareness.
- Assist homeless populations in finding and accessing community supports as needed.
- Provide information to Terrace homeless populations regarding programming and other support options which exist in the community.
- Refer persons served to: appropriate housing options, income assistance if needed, other appropriate support services. May accompany persons served to appointments when needed.
- Ensure rental supplements are logged in the HSS database by the fifth business day of each month.
- Where clients have been placed as tenants, help them maintain their housing and their ability to live independently by:
- Providing persons served with Rental Supplements
- Provide tenancy support and skills training
- Provide follow up and ongoing support to tenants, including referrals as needed
- Build and maintain relationships with landlords providing housing to persons served
- Provide education and resources to landlords in order to support and maintain person served tenancies
Confidential Information Management
- Maintains written documentation on all relevant and essential aspects of operations (i.e. individual records, personnel files, program records etc.) while upholding the privacy statement procedures with respect to youth. (see TYES-TDCSS Chevron Place Procedures).
- Manages confidential information in the CRM, and Office 365 systems
- Maintains the confidentiality of people served information while utilizing relevant information for strategic decision making.
- Maintains confidentiality and security of people served, employee, organizational, proprietary records, files, and information at all times.
Hours: Full time 35 hours average per week.
Desired Start Date: September 15, 2019
Union Status: Non-Union one year contract
Wages: $21.50 per hour
- A Diploma or Degree in a related human or social service field (or an equivalent combination of experience and training)
- One (1) years recent related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Excellent attendance record
- Demonstrated ability to follow through with assigned tasks
- Experience in working with individuals who have multiple barriers
- Knowledge of available resources in the community
Skills & Abilities
- Good oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Interviewing and assessment skills
- Ability to plan & organize work/workspace, keep files up-to-date and organized
- Clear Provincial Attorney General Criminal Record Check
- TDCSS Medical Certificate signed by Physician (stating that health requirements are met)
- Must have own, reliable vehicle
- Business insurance
- Acceptable Driver’s Abstract
- Class 5 BCDL
- Foodsafe Level 1 (may acquire during probation period)
- Mandt training (will be provided)
An equivalent of education and/or experience will be considered for this job. Job Descriptions are available upon request. TDCSS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, however, only successful applicants will be contacted. This position is open to applicants of all genders.Please apply for each posting that you are interested separately, even if you have previously applied with TDCSS.
Date Posted: August 08, 2019 Closing Date August 18, 2019
All Memos & applications to this posting must be emailed to: email@example.com
Please provide a resume with your application