Position Human Resources Specialist (x2 positions available)
Department Human Resources
Terrace and District Community Service Society (TDCSS) has an exciting opportunity in our Human Resources Department for two exempt, regular full-time Human Resources Specialists. We are looking for flexible, innovative and proactive team players with outstanding collaboration and problem-solving skills to support the Human Resources Operations at TDCSS.
The Human Resources Specialist role is both strategic and hands-on, that provides Human Resources support to the organization and reports to the Director of Human Resources and Operations. The role is critical in executing our Human Resource initiatives, providing great employee support, and driving Human Resource functional excellence and process improvement.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast paced environment where juggling priorities and tight deadlines are a consistent expectation. Initiative, outstanding customer service and effective problem-solving skills are the foundations of this role. Also, your exceptional interpersonal skills will enable you to communicate comfortably, both verbally and in writing, with employees across all levels of the organization and with the general public in a highly professional and confidential manner.
This position requires a highly organized, detail oriented and administratively capable candidate. They are actively looking to build a career in Human Resources and grow as an HR professional. Preference will be given to candidates who have worked in a unionized, public sector environment and with demonstrated ability with HRIS systems, Outlook, and Microsoft Word.
Hours: FULL-TIME-40 hours a week
Shifts:DAYS, EVENINGS and WEEKENDS
Must be willing to work a flexible schedule
Rate of Pay: $23.50 hourly starting wage
- Supports the Director of Human Resources and Operations with the development, implementation and ongoing management of human resource programs and projects across the organization
- Follows all company policies and procedures
- Assists in the development of human resources policy and procedure, as required
- Maintains confidentiality and security of employee, organizational, proprietary records, files, and information at all times
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships across all departments and levels of the organization, listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees
- Protects company assets
- Presents a positive image of the organization in the community. This includes, but is not limited to, abiding by TDCSS’s Policy and Procedures including the Code of Conduct and the Code of Ethics
- Maintains working knowledge of all relevant program and society policy and procedures, and Federal and provincial legislation related to human resources
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Preferred: Post-secondary education in a related discipline, diploma in HR preferred, CHRP designation is an asset AND 1-2 years of experience in a supervisory role or within a human resources department
An equivalent of education and/or experience will be considered for this position.
FOR A FULL JOB DESCRIPTION, PLEASE VIEW THE ATTACHED
This position is an exempt, non-union position.
TDCSS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, however only successful applicants will be contacted.
Please apply for each posting that you are interested separately, even if you have previously applied with TDCSS.
All applications must be submitted to: email@example.com
All applications must include: Cover Letter, Resume and three work references
Date Posted: January 10, 2019 Closing Date: January 17, 2019