Reference Number: 732-22
Multiple positions available
Position: Residential Support Worker (several positions currently available)
TDCSS Residential Services
Programs Cluster, Community Inclusion Programs, Crescentview, Eby, Graham, Medeek, Respite, Sunset, Tuck
TDCSS fosters an environment of continuous learning and a work culture of professional development. All employees of TDCSS are expected to participate in ongoing professional growth and development activities.
Assists clients to live successfully in residential settings such as group homes. Ensures that clients’ physical, emotional social, educational, medical needs are met. Assists clients to enhance quality of life with activities of daily living and the development of life skills.
- Participates in the assessment, goal setting and program planning (Personal Service Plan) for individuals living in a residence. Documents, implements and provides input into the evaluation of the program.
- Provides life skills training such as meal preparation, housekeeping, personal care skills and personal finance and implements personal service plans.
- Assists clients with activities of daily living such as feeding, lifts, transfers, hygiene, grooming and toileting. This may include transfer of function duties such as gastrostomy feeding, tracheostomy management, and suction and bowel management.
- Participates in various client-focused activities in accordance with care plans.
- Recognizes, analyzes and deals with potential emergency situations such as clients’ aggressive behaviour to ensure no harm comes to the client and/or the public. Reports problems to the supervisor.
- Administers medication to clients in accordance with established policy.
- Assists with case management by identifying potential problems and reporting any difficulties. Provides input to counsellor, professional, with regard to the development of appropriate program plans to achieve residents’ objectives. Contributes to the evaluation of residents’ progress and prepares reports.
- Provides emotional support and feedback to residents and their families.
- Transports and assists residents to appointments, shopping or leisure activities.
- Performs residence maintenance and housekeeping duties such as laundry, sweeping, mopping floors, mowing lawns, inventory, shopping, cleaning equipment and food services.
- Maintains reports such as statistics, logbooks, daily activities on residents.
- Identifies social, economic, recreational and educational services in the community that will meet clients’ needs. Maintains liaison with other agencies, professionals, government officials and the community.
13. Performs other related duties as required.
This position is open to applicants of all genders and gender expressions.
Hours 35-40 hours per week FULL-TIME WEEKLY (35 hours weekly average)
Shifts Days & Evenings, including some WEEKENDS
Changes to the posted work schedule may occur based on operational requirements. Must be willing to be flexible.
Start Date ASAP
End Date n/a – Permanent
Diploma in a related human/social service field.
|May consider a certificate with relevant experience|
- A relevant diploma or certificate with experience providing service to people who have a developmental disability
- Mandt or Crisis Prevention Training
- TDCSS Training modules
- Other relevant training/workshop
One (1) year recent related experience. Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Experience in working with people with challenging behaviors
- Experience in working with people who have a dual-diagnosis
- Experience working with people to facilitate change and independence
- One (1) year recent related experience
- Proven ability to work as part of a team
- Proven problem-solving ability
- Ability to liaise with outside agencies
- Physical fitness level that meets the needs of the individuals
- Able to follow programs as set out by program supervisor
- Ability to adapt to meet the clients’ emotional and developmental changes
- Time management and organizational skills
- Ability to perform housekeeping duties such as mopping, dusting, emptying garbage, cleaning and laundry.
- Demonstrated competency in written & verbal communication
- Provide for medical and personal needs of persons served in a respectful, proactive manner as directed by the Supervisor and/or the persons’ served service plan
- TB skin clearance test
- Signed Declaration of Fitness
- Compliance with health immunization requirements
- MCFD Hub screening
- Proven ability to complete computerized case management documentation
- Class 5 BC Driver’s License (must be able to obtain within probationary period)
- Class 4 BC Driver’s Licence preferred for some locations (obtain within probationary period)
- Personal vehicle with business insurance with the ability to transport person’s served (required in some locations)
- Acceptable driver’s abstract
An equivalent of education and/or experience will be considered for this job. Job Descriptions are available upon request from the TDCSS Human Resources Office.
Pay and Benefits will be in accordance with TDCSS and BCGEU Local 312 Collective Agreement. This position requires union membership.
TDCSS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, however only successful applicants will be contacted.
Please apply for each posting that you are interested separately, even if you have previously applied with TDCSS.
Grid Level 10 – starting wage $20.52 hourly
All applications must be submitted to: email@example.com
All applications should include: Cover Letter, Resume and three work references
Date Posted: September 04, 2020 Closing Date: December 01, 2020
|Job Category||Full Time, Program Services|