REFERENCE NUMBER: 1040
Position: Program Coordinator 2
Department: Support Services & Residential Services
Plans, implements, and oversees the day-to-day activities of a program. Participates in program development, policies and procedure formulation, program evaluation and budget preparation. Program Coordinator will report directly to either the Residential Services Associate Director or the Support Services Associate Director with all program development. Participates in Human Resource processes and Employee Coaching and Labor Relations.
Providing supervision and on-site mentorship to front line staff, the Program Coordinator will ensure that day-to-day operations of their program(s) are run in a professional and efficient manner with attention to confidentiality and in compliance with the organization’s policies and philosophy. The Program Coordinator also provides ongoing development and evaluation of all staff personnel and program policies. The Program Coordinator will provide auxiliary support to supervision team during high vacation periods throughout the year and whenever needed.
TDCSS fosters an environment of continuous learning and a work culture of professional development. All employees of TDCSS are expected to participate in ongoing professional growth and development activities.
Hours: FULL TIME-35 hours/week
Shifts: DAYS, EVENINGS AND WEEKENDS, with one evening shift a week from 1pm-9pm (Exact day to be determined upon hire)
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: N/A
Union Status: Union – BCGEU
Wage: Starting at $25.54 as per Step 1 Grid 14 of the Collective Agreement
- Plans and implements activities and special events for a program in consultation with department Manager
- Oversees the day-to-day operation of the program by ensuring that the necessary facilities and equipment are in place, program guidelines and policies are adhered to, and program standards and licensing requirements are met
- Formulates program policies and procedures and evaluates the program in consultation with department Manager
- Makes recommendation to the supervisor regarding program development, policy and procedure formulation and program evaluation
- Supervises program staff by performing duties such as assigning work, providing feedback on performance, and conducting performance evaluations
- Participates in the recruitment and selection of program staff by performing duties such as screening applicants, participating on interview panels, and making hiring recommendations
- Promotes public awareness of and support for the program by performing duties such as producing promotional materials and attending community events
- Schedules program staff in accordance to program staffing requirements
- Liaises with community service providers and other professionals to coordinate service provision, facilitate referrals to the program and represent the organization or program in external events
- Orients, determines the need for and provides training to program staff, volunteers and practicum students
- Monitors and authorizes program expenditures and maintains financial records in accordance to established procedures. Provides input to the program Manager in the preparation of the program budget
- Maintains related records and statistics and produces reports as required
- Sit on interviews for hiring, score participants and make hiring decisions.
- Sits in disciplinary meetings with HR, Identify staff concerns, set up disciplinary meetings, determine and apply appropriate discipline.
- Performs other related duties as required including providing assistance to various programs within the agency when needed.
Required: Diploma in a related human/social service field
Required: Three (3) years recent related experience including one year supervisory or administrative experience OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
DATE POSTED: September 13, 2019
DATE CLOSED: September 21, 2019