Reference Number: 697-39
Position: TYES Engagement Worker – Temporary Part-time
TDCSS Counselling and Support Services
TDCSS fosters an environment of continuous learning and a work culture of professional development. All employees of TDCSS are expected to participate in ongoing professional growth and development activities.
The TYES (Terrace Youth Engagement Strategy) program provides supports at the TDCSS Chevron Place to youth and young adults aged 12-19 that focuses on youth health and wellness. This includes, but is not limited to: life skill development, employment support, access or referral to mental health and/or addictions support, social skills development, technology awareness, and recreational activities.
The TYES Engagement Worker reports to the TYES Program Coordinator, to fulfil the TYES contractual obligations and objectives. The TYES Engagement Worker will assist the Program Coordinator in the delivery of programming which will include facilitated group workshops and other activities for youth that focus on building their life skills, social skills, cultural connectivity, mental wellness, and employability. Life skills can include but are not limited to: personal leadership, intrinsic motivation, interpersonal communication, conflict resolution, problem solving, teamwork, healthy relationships, time management, stress, self-care, personal and workplace health and safety, safe use of the Internet, healthy lifestyle choices, work-life balance, budgeting, financial planning, and setting short and long term life goals.
- Work with youth and young adults (ranging in age from 12-19) accessing services at the TDCSS Chevron Place
- Assist youth whom attend TDCSS Chevron Place in finding and accessing community supports as needed.
- Provide information to youth regarding TDCSS Chevron Place programming and other support options which exist in the community.
- Protects company assets.
- Present a positive image of the Organization in the community. This includes but is not limited to abiding by TDCSS’s Policy and Procedures including the Code of Ethics and The TDCSS Chevron Place program specific policies and procedures.
- Adherence to quality expectations and standards
- Reports accidents and injuries through the approved channels (Manager, Associate Director, Human Resources, Sharevision)
- Facilitate activities and build relationships
- Have fun and role model positive and healthy behaviours
- Ensure all young persons served are supervised and safe at all times.
- Read, understand and follow all TDCSS policies and procedures
- Conduct self in a professional manner at all times
- Supports new traditional and non-traditional program opportunities.
- Prepare the room daily through preparing refreshments and food; cleaning
CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION MANAGEMENT
- Maintains written documentation on all relevant and essential aspects of operations (i.e. individual records, personnel files, program records etc.) while upholding the privacy statement procedures with respect to youth.
- Maintains confidentiality and security of organizational, proprietary records, files, and information at all times.
Hours 25 Hours per week PART-TIME (Temporary – Maternity leave coverage)
Shifts DAYS, EVENINGS and WEEKENDS
Must be willing to work a flexible schedule
Rate of Pay: $18.00 hourly
Education and Knowledge
Required: A relevant diploma or degree in a related Human/Social Services field. A related certificate along with a minimum one (1) year recent related experience may be considered.
- A degree or diploma in the Human/Social Service field
- effective oral and written communication skills
- strong problem solving skills
- ability to interact with people of all ages and cultural backgrounds
- ability to work independently and as part of a team
- demonstrated experience working with youth
- sound computer skills
- ability to work flexible hours
- knowledge of community resources
Training and Experience:
Minimum one (1) years recent related experience. Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Proven problem-solving ability
- Ability to liaise with outside agencies
- Self-motivated and creative
- Time management and organizational skills
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Vehicle with business insurance
- Driver’s Abstract in good standing
- First Aid Level 1
- MANDT training or Non-violent Crisis Intervention (MANDT can be provided to the successful applicant upon hire)
An equivalent of education and/or experience will be considered for this job. Job Descriptions are available upon request from the TDCSS Human Resources Office.
This position is non-union.
TDCSS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, however only successful applicants will be contacted.
This position is open to applicants of all genders.
Please apply for each posting that you are interested separately, even if you have previously applied with TDCSS.
All applications must be submitted to: email@example.com
Date Posted: November 16, 2018 Closing Date: November 22, 2018
|Job Category||Part Time, Temporary|