Reference Number: 668-39
Position: TYES Program Coordinator
TDCSS Counseling and Support Services
TDCSS fosters an environment of continuous learning and a work culture of professional development. All employees of TDCSS are expected to participate in ongoing professional growth and development activities.
The TYES (Terrace Youth Engagement Strategy) program provides supports at the TDCSS Chevron Place to youth and young adults aged 12-19 that focuses on youth health and wellness. This includes, but is not limited to: life skill development, employment support, access or referral to mental health and/or addictions support, social skills development, technology awareness, and recreational activities.
The TYES Program Coordinator reports to the Manager, and is responsible to fulfil the TYES contractual obligations and objectives. The TYES Program Coordinator will provide leadership and guidance to the TYES Youth Engagement Worker(s), and develop programming which will include facilitated group workshops and other activities for youth that focus on building their life skills, social skills, cultural connectivity, mental wellness, and employability. Life skills can include but are not limited to: personal leadership, intrinsic motivation, interpersonal communication, conflict resolution, problem solving, teamwork, healthy relationships, time management, stress, self-care, personal and workplace health and safety, safe use of the Internet, healthy lifestyle choices, work-life balance, budgeting, financial planning, and setting short and long term life goals.
- Work with youth and young adults (ranging in age from 12-19) accessing services at the TDCSS Chevron Place
- Assist youth whom attend TDCSS Chevron Place in finding and accessing community supports as needed.
- Provide information to youth regarding TDCSS Chevron Place programming and other support options which exist in the community.
- Protects company assets.
- Present a positive image of the Organization in the community. This includes but is not limited to abiding by TDCSS’s Policy and Procedures including the Code of Ethics and The TDCSS Chevron Place program specific policies and procedures.
- Supports employee adherence to quality expectations and standards
- Reports accidents and injuries through the approved channels (Manager, Associate Director, Human Resources, Sharevision)
- Facilitate activities and build relationships
- Have fun and role model positive and healthy behaviours
- Ensure all young persons served are supervised and safe at all times.
- Read, understand and follow all TDCSS policies and procedures
- Conduct self in a professional manner at all times
- Drive personal vehicle for employment purposes, including: attending meetings, picking up program resources.
- Monitors and coordinates all program development efforts in assigned area of accountability.
- Identifies and analyzes new program opportunities within the catchment area, regularly monitoring for and informing the Associate Director of emergent and/or novel opportunities. Identifies, leads and supports new traditional and non-traditional program opportunities.
- Analyzes opportunities and makes recommendations on potential program strategies.
- Provides input into program development budgets and justifications. Monitors and reports on status of budgets.
- Coordinates regularly with other front-line staff in the YFS department whom are engaged in program facilitation.
- Identifies potential community and provincial partnerships as related to specific program development proposals in order to enhance existing programs.
- Document, report and maintain records of contacts, services delivered and outcomes achieved (including best practices) as required by legislation and as specified by TDCSS policy and funding agreements.
CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION MANAGEMENT
- Maintains written documentation on all relevant and essential aspects of operations (i.e. individual records, personnel files, program records etc.) while upholding the privacy statement procedures with respect to youth.
- Manages confidential employee information in the HRIS, CRM, and Office 365 systems (discipline, performance management, personnel information etc.)
- Maintains the confidentiality of employee information while utilizing relevant information for strategic decision making.
- Maintains confidentiality and security of employee, organizational, proprietary records, files, and information at all times.
- Participates with the Human Resource Department in administering job interviews, scoring interviewees, and contributes to the making and hiring decisions for TYES staff.
- Any other duties as required.
Hours 25 Hours per week PART-TIME (Temporary – Maternity leave coverage)
Dates May 11, 2018 – Nov 10, 2019
Shifts DAYS, EVENINGS and WEEKENDS
Must be willing to work a flexible schedule
Education and Knowledge
Required: A relevant diploma or degree in the Human/Social Service field.
- A degree in the Human/Social Service field
- effective oral and written communication skills
- strong problem solving skills
- ability to interact with people of all ages and cultural backgrounds
- ability to work independently and as part of a team
- sound computer skills
- ability to work flexible hours
Training and Experience:
Three (3) years recent related experience including one (1) year supervisory administrative experience. Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Proven problem-solving ability
- Ability to liaise with outside agencies
- Self-motivated and creative
- Time management and organizational skills
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Vehicle with business insurance
- Driver’s Abstract in good standing
An equivalent of education and/or experience will be considered for this job. Job Descriptions are available upon request from the TDCSS Human Resources Office.
This position is non-union.
TDCSS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, however only successful applicants will be contacted.
This position is open to applicants of all genders.
Please apply for each posting that you are interested separately, even if you have previously applied with TDCSS.
All applications must be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date Posted: April 10, 2018 Closing Date: April 23, 2018